Recipe: Yellow Rice with sauteed Shrimp and Vegetables
Due to my mom’s shellfish allergy I didn’t have the luxury of growing up a kid around seafood. Most of my friends pity me when they find out and feel the need to load me up on everything seafood. I’ve recently been introduced to the world of crab and fried shrimp courtesy of Erin And after finding myself dreaming about what trips to City Island would be like in the summer; it’s official I love seafood, lol! This week I received a pingback to Indonesian blogger Alfa Kurna’s site: Pojok Mungil A site for Indonesian moms, so of course there would be recipes, lol. Being an official seafood lover now, plus spreading love to Dynamos all over the world; for this week’s recipe we have Alfa’s “Yellow Rice with sauteed Shrimp and Vegetable“:
- 3 grains of red onion
- 1 garlic granules seruas turmeric finger
- Galangal seruas thumbs, memarkan
- 2 pieces of Orange leaves
- 2 tbsp thick coconut milk
- 1 cup of rice
- 1 glass of broth/water
Sauteed Shrimp Vegetables
- 1.5 cups of water broth
- 1 garlic granules, memarkan
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp cornflour dissolve in water ice to taste
- Saute seasoning smooth, set aside.
- In a saucepan prepare broth/water mix with coconut milk, lime leaves and galangal.
- Enter the fine seasonings, simmer while stirring until boiling. Turn off the cooker, remove the lime leaves and galangal .
- Stir in the rice which has been washed into the rice cooker, stir in coconut milk, add water to the desired texture.
Shrimp and Veggies
- Heat oil, Saute garlic until fragrant.
- Stir in the sesame oil, broccoli, carrots and prawns.
- Stir in the shrimp.
- Once the vegetables are tender, stir in cornstarch bit by bit until desired consistency is obtained.
- Serve with yellow rice. Ornamental as attractive as possible.
Thank Alfa!! xx
- Recipe: Shrimp Scampi
- Recipe: Pineapple Fried Rice
- Recipe: Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Recipe: Jump Up and Wave
- Recipe: Garden Vegetable Soup