Recipe: Chicken noodle soup,Chicken noodle soup, chicken noodle soup with a soda on the side. . .
Okay, okay so I know most people would not prefer their chicken noodle soup with a soda on the side and it probably is just another silly song. However I’m sure you can not deny your love for chicken noodle soup. With the weather getting colder and colder and the recent dustings of snow, there is nothing like a hot bowl of chicken noodle soup on a cold winter day. Here is a simple recipe to get you through this winter!
Chicken and Broth
- cut-up whole chicken (3 to 3 1/2 lb)
- 4 1/2cups cold water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium celery stalk (with leaves), cut-up
- 1 carrot, cut up 1 small onion, cut up 1 parsley sprig
- 2 medium carrots, sliced (1 cup)
- 2 medium celery stalks, sliced (1 cup)
- 1 small onion, chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup uncooked medium egg noodles (2 oz)
- Chopped fresh parsley
- In stock pot, place chicken and broth ingredients.
- Heat to boiling, remove foam from broth and then reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer about 45 minutes.
- Add enough water to fill pot half way.
- Heat broth, sliced carrots, sliced celery, chopped onion and bouillon granules to boiling.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer about 15 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Stir in noodles.
- Heat to boiling then reduce heat to low.
- Simmer uncovered 7 to 10 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Recipe: Chicken Noodle Soup
- Recipe: Garden Vegetable Soup
- Recipe: Creamy Sweet Potato Soup
- Recipe: Tortilla and Avocado Soup
- Recipe: Lasagna Soup