Recipe: Turkey Pop Treats
Any student can attest that the freshman 15 can be attributed to late night snacking, lol. My current favorite snack of choice is none other than homemade Rice Krispie Treats And this Thanksgiving you can make the classic snack fancy by turning them into Turkey Pop Treats:
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows OR 4 cupsminiature marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg’s Rice Krispies cereal
- 24 lollipop sticks or wooden ice cream sticks
- 1 package (12 oz., 2 cups) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/3 cups candy corn
- 48 small white candies
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using 1/4-cup measuring cup coated with cooking spray divide warm cereal mixture into 24 portions. Using buttered hands shape each portion into ball. Insert lollipop stick into each. Place on wax-paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate about 10 minutes or until firm.
- In microwave-safe bowl combine chocolate morsels and oil. Microwave on high for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until smooth, stirring every 30 seconds. Dip each ball into chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Return to wax-paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for 5 to 10 minutes more or until chocolate is almost set. Decorate with candy corn for tail feathers and beak, gently pressing candy into chocolate and cereal mixture. Press in white candies for eyes. Let stand until firm.
Happy “Snacking” Loves
- Recipe: Pineapple Fried Rice
- Recipe: “Turkey Burger Sliders and Sweet Potatoe Fries”
- Recipe: Chocolate Banana Pudding with a twist
- Recipe: Garden Vegetable Soup
- Recipe: Chocolate Fondue