Living Single Fellas?
Thank you for taking the time out to write blog posts and books, and even script movies informing us woman of the different things we should do to keep a man. Clearly you know what you need in order to be kept and I’m sure you’ve witnessed enough women in your lifetime to know what they don’t need to do in order to be seen eligible by the opposite sex. After the various mediums you’ve posted to us, I think some of us finally get it – I think.
While we woman have all of this to refer to, what do men have? Do you have any self help books or countless articles detailing what you need to do in order to keep a woman? Contrary to popular belief, there are plenty of men wondering why women aren’t knocking down doors to be with them. Sorry to say this, but, guys, it just may be you. You can cry in the dark, however, it’s time to bring the single man in America issue to light. As I prepare to dust off my captain save-a-man cape, I warn that I am by far no expert, however, I think I have a few pointers to help you fill that void of womanlessness in your life. I mean, I’m a woman! And I know what I want and don’t *wink*
- Act your age: Dear sir, there is no need for you to be 30+ still trying to recreate the hangover every weekend. *Light bulb moment* The actors in the movie got paid to do it, whilst you’re losing money. Women take notice. We don’t want a guy who looks to get completely wasted EVERY Thursday – Sunday spending money on bottles, but then can’t afford to take us on a date or sleeps through brunch every weekend because you wanted to be, as the kids say, Live.
- Treat her like a lady: If you’re interested in her, treat her like you are. You don’t have to live by any codes or car faxes. If you decided to legitimately give her a chance, treat her as though she’s the one. We’re at a point where we can’t date aimlessly anymore right? It’s ok to be cautious, but if you’ve set your sights on dating this girl, find out about her for yourself. Don’t write her off because she wasn’t someone else’s cup of tea. Especially since a lot of people, especially guys, lie about EVERY THING. #Fact – don’t debate me
- Get it together: So, I understand that some guys don’t feel comfortable having someone in their lives when they aren’t fully together themselves, but, I mean, at what point do you need to be together before you start letting someone in? When you’re a Fortune 500 billionaire? When you’ve accomplished everything on your list? Find your comfort zone of get-it-togetherness, then make yourself available. Not to be a Negative Nancy, but let’s say you become a measly millionaire, do you still turn down everyone woman that tries to come in your life because you’re trying to add another comma to your life? Pssh COME ON!
- Find Jesus: Let me explain. There’s a Bible verse that goes “ When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things ”. I’m not going to write a dissertation around the growing adolescent and define childish things, but I’m sure, or at least hope our definition of childish things, is somewhat similar. Putting away childish things can range from moving out, not playing video games as much and waking up at a decent hour on the weekend, to ironing your clothes, upgrading your twin-sized bed or throwing away old, faded socks.
- Take a seat – Literally: You’re at the top of the top. Handsome, good job, good head on your shoulders – round of applause. Be happy and be proud of yourself. Maybe you don’twant to settle for the first woman to come into your life, but that doesn’t mean you have to shop around for years to come. No woman wants a man that no other woman wants. If you’ve been single for forever years without the possibility of a relationship, it may just be you. So, if you find someone that makes you happy, why not give it a try and see if it’s exactly what you needed and not what you thought you wanted. The grass isn’t always greener on the other side.
Ladies, please chime in because I’m sure there are plenty of other things that can be said and will be said. Guys, I’m interested in what you think too. Do you think you need to do anything different than what you have been doing to get the Michelle Obama you’ve been looking for? Sound off….
Until next time,
- Fast Facts On: “10 Things Single Dynamo Women Wish Men Knew”
- “To Submit or Not To Submit…”: A Reflection on Love and Independence
- Don’t let being a Dynamo affect your dating…
- “The light at the end of the tunnel”: A Reflection on “Real Love”
- “Try a Little Tenderness”: Toning Down the Alpha Female