Recipe: Chocolate Banana Pudding with a twist
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4-5 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1 package of vanilla wafer cookies
- 1 ¼ cup of heavy cream
- 6 ounces of your favorite bittersweet chocolate
- 1 chocolate bar (your favorite)
- In a medium saucepan, combine heavy cream and chocolate. Heat and stir in saucepan until chocolate mix is melted with a smooth texture.
- In a large bowl, combine the vanilla pudding mix and milk, stir.
- In the bottom of an aluminum pan or serving dish, place a layer of cookies, followed by a layer of vanilla pudding mix, followed by bananas. Repeat this process until all ingredients are used. I prefer to end with a pudding layer with crushed cookies on top.
*Chocolate Twist: There are several options for adding a chocolate twist to this dessert:
- Option 1: Place the chocolate mix in a Ziploc bag. Cut a small hole in the corner of the Ziploc bag and squeeze chocolate mix on the top of each banana layer.
- Option 2: Dip the wafers in chocolate and place them in the dessert as directed.
- Option 3: For the chocolate lovers, combine options 1 & 2.
- Refrigerate until serving and Enjoy!
- Recipe: Oatmeal Cranberrry Cookies
- Recipe: Chocolate Fondue
- Recipe: A Strawberry Banana Ice Cream Sandwich
- Recipe: Boston Creme Pie
- Recipe: Homemade Peppermint Ice Cream