Recipe: Shrimp Scampi
When I was in college, my homegirl could not believe that I never ate shrimp before, lol. My mom has a bad shellfish allergy, so shrimp is the eqivalent to poison in our home. Feeling bad for me and probably because of her love of shrimp , she would make shrimp scampi all the time. I’ve come to be a part of the “shrimp scampi lovers crew”, but my friend definitely wears the “Shrimp Scampi Queen” crown. So in honor of her and all shrimp scampi lovers everywhere, this week’s recipe is Shrimp Scampi courtesy of DisneyMike.com:
Ingredients (6 servings)
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled, deveined, and butterflied, with tails left on, patted dry
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup seasoned olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
- Approximately 1 tablespoon Worchestershire sauce, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Juice of 1 1/2 lemons (optional)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- Dredge shrimp in flour, coating all sides.
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan over high heat. When oil is very hot but not smoking, add shrimp and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp have begun to brown. (Do not crowd pan; sauté shrimp in batches, if necessary.) Remove shrimp from pan and drain off excess oil.
- Stir in wine, Worchestershire sauce, and garlic. When well combined, whisk in 4 tablespoons butter and salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Return shrimp to pan. Stir in lemon juice and broth and return to a boil.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove shrimp from pan to a warm serving platter.
- Rapidly boil sauce for 2 minutes, whisking in parsley and remaining butter. Pour over shrimp and serve with crusty bread to absorb the delicious sauce.
Happy “Cooking” Ladies!! xx
- Recipe: Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Recipe: Grilled Salmon with Honey Mustard Sauce
- Recipe: Pineapple Fried Rice
- Recipe: Souse
- Recipe: Greek Baked Ziti