Recipe: Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Last summer, I was at my homegirl Alex’s house and she made THE most delicious chicken, lol. The sauce had like a asian, mixed with BBQ, can’t really describe it taste. And what was so great about it was, we ate it with lettuce (as seen above), so you really got to be extra fat with the chicken. I’m greedy And after months of nagging, Alex has finally sent over the recipe for the perfect asian mixed with BBQ, can’t really describe it chicken in lettuce aka “Chicken Lettuce Wraps“, lol:
Ingredients (two servings):
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup water chestnut
- 2/3 cup mushroom
- 3 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 -5 leaves iceberg lettuce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon hot mustard
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 -2 teaspoon garlic and red chile paste
Stir Fry Sauce
- Make the special sauce by dissolving the sugar in water in a small bowl.
- Add soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ketchup, lemon juice and sesame oil.
- Mix well and refrigerate this sauce until you’re ready to serve.
- Combine the hot water with the hot mustard and set this aside as well.
- Eventually add your desired measurement of mustard and garlic chili sauce to the special sauce mixture to pour over the wraps.
- Bring oil to high heat in a wok or large frying pan.
- Saute chicken breasts for 4 to 5 minutes per side or done.
- Remove chicken from the pan and cool.
- Keep oil in the pan, keep hot.
- As chicken cools mince water chestnuts and mushrooms to about the size of small peas.
- Prepare the stir fry sauce by mixing the soy sauce, brown sugar, and rice vinegar together in a small bowl.
- When chicken is cool, mince it as the mushrooms and water chestnuts are.
- With the pan still on high heat, add another Tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Add chicken, garlic, onions, water chestnuts and mushrooms to the pan.
- Add the stir fry sauce to the pan and saute the mixture for a couple minutes then serve it in the lettuce”cups”.
- Top with”Special Sauce”.
See, the sauce is so indescribably good, that it’s called “Special Sauce”, lol. Thanks Alex
Happy “Getting Your Asian-persuasion on in the Kitchen” Ladies!! xx
- Recipe: Jamaican Curry Chicken
- Recipe: “Leftover Chicken” Lunch Sandwich
- Recipe: Pineapple Fried Rice
- Recipe: Chicken Tacos
- Recipe: Tagliarelle with Truffle Butter and Stuffed Chicken